What is the side effect of taking prometrium (micronized progesterone) 200mg during early pregnancy?

Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Please see below.
Prometrium (micronized progesterone) is a brand name for Progesterone (a female hormone), which is sometimes used to maintain a pregnancy.
This medication may be used during pregnancy only as directed by your doctor. There is conflicting information about whether progestins may cause harm to an unborn baby. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.

In brief: Please see below.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
The insert from the FDA is scary enough for me to discuss this medication with my patients before the get it.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham