Can syphilis be mistaken for herpes in a blood test?

No. Herpes is a virus, syphilis is a bacteria. Testing (and treatment) entirely different.
Very unlikely. The two should not be mistaken. They are completely different blood tests. For syphilis screening we look for something called an rpr, for herpes it is usually an hsv 1 and/or 2 igg. Ask your doctor to sit down and explain your results to you. This is essential to understand, as the treatments are completely different, and untreated syphilis can be extremely dangerous.
No. Two separate tests and not mistaken for one another. You don't say which one was an issue. Syphilis is treated with antibiotic and very important to treat and resolve. Herpes is different in that meds for herpes help suppress the disease. Syphilis not treated can cause brain disease if not treated (napoleon and other people in history had advanced syphilis before penicillin was discovered).