My tongue has lost some skin at the tip it stings when I have certain foods drinks or sweets it looks like i but myself and painful at times what i do?

Dr. Ladan Zinati
Dentistry

In brief: Burned it

You may have eaten something hot and burned your tongue.
Give it a couple of weeks and see if it goes away, if not consult your dentist right away.

In brief: Burned it

Dr. Ladan Zinati
Dr. Ladan Zinati
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry

In brief: See a Dentist

It sounds like you may have an oral habit which is irritating the tip of your tongue.
..Such as rubbing it against your teeth or biting on it during sleep. However, there are many serious conditions which could have similar symptoms. The only way to find out for sure is to see a dentist/oral surgeon for a professional opinion. If it's not gone in 3 weeks, assume it's dangerous and get it checked!

In brief: See a Dentist

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Daniel Wolter

In brief: Bite?

If you know it's a bite for sure, use warm salt water rinses.
That will help keep the area clean, and will will help reduce your pain. If you're not sure how this problem developed, visit your dentist for an evaluation.

In brief: Bite?

Dr. Mohammad Al-Asadi
Dr. Mohammad Al-Asadi