Why do I get chest pain (like if it was my heart that hurts) when I take a deep breaths?

Not likely the heart. You are describing chest wall (usually musculoskeletal) pain, not cardiac discomfort. Can also be caused by inflammation of the lining of the lung (pleurisy). Physical stress or injury (over exercise or "pulled muscle") or local viral or other underlying infections may be playing a role. If not responsive to rest, local heat, muscle relaxants or mild analgesics, you need to talk to your doctor.