My daughter has a few subtle red spots that are a bit dry next to the corner of her mouth. They don' t bother her at all. Should I use hydrocortizone?

In brief: Ok to try the H.C.
If some spots or bumps around the lips don't have pain, they are less likely to be an infection.
Hydrocortisone cream or ointment is fine to try, 3 times a day, for 3-5 days. If the spots look worse the next day or two, a doctor should look at them. If the spots look better each day, one can wean off the Hydrocortisone over a few days.

In brief: Ok to try the H.C.
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: If Dry.....
....You might want to moisturize frequently even using a lip balm.

In brief: If Dry.....
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cindy Juster