I have CHF and will be having open heart surgery to replace a valve, how long is recovery and will I be in a lot of pain after surgery?

Mostly 3 months. It depends on which valve, how many valves, how the surgery will be done, and your current physical condition. If you are young, doing fine and have normal kidneys, liver, and lungs, and have the surgery for one of your valves, you will recovery quickly like 5 days hospitalization and 1.5-3 months for full recovery.
It depends. The recovery time is dependent on your general state of health prior to surgery (true of any surgery), the healthier you are, the quicker the recovery. Most likely, your hospital stay (if you're otherwise healthy) will be about 5-6 days and then it will take several weeks to get back to "normal". There will be some pain early on, but will get better quickly hopefully.
6 weeks, no. You should be better than you were before surgery within about six weeks. You should not have a lot of pain after the first two weeks.
10-12 wks to recover. It takes about 10-12 wks to recover if no major post operative complications. Expect a few wks faster recovery if done minimally invasive. Hospital stay after surgery is about 5-7days.
Two months. You will hopefully only spend 3-5 days in the hospital. It will take a couple weeks to feel better from the surgery, one month for driving, two months before the sternum is healed and then resume full activity. Pain is very subjective, but also depends on the approach: sternotomy, thoracotomy, minimally invasive etc. Over all the pain should be taken care adequately by your doctors.
One to 3 months. It depends on several things including the age and fitness of the patient as well as the technique used to replace the valve. In general less invasive techniques have a recovery of 4 to 6 weeks and conventional surgery 6 to 12 weeks.