My wife's nipples are oozing pus. She is not and never has been pregnant. She suffers from eczema, would that cause this?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Infection
Could be cellulitis or mastitis.
She needs to see a doctor as soon as possible to determine the cause.

In brief: Infection
Could be cellulitis or mastitis.
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology
In brief: Pus on nipples
When eczema becomes infected, it may ooze a fluid which is actually serum. I doubt if it's pus.
I don't know long she has had it, but she should see a doctor. Warm water compresses a few times a day and then cover it with someting like butt-paste at night should relieve some of the symptoms. Use a mild soap and wash linens in all-free and clear. I hope she gets better soon.

In brief: Pus on nipples
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jane Van Dis