I seem to be having some bruising on my legs showing up ..For no reason. What's the cause of this?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Bruising

Do you take Aspirin or blood thinners? Some medications cause easier bruising.
Could also be a problem with a clotting issue or anemia. I would address this with your primary care doctor who can run some blood tests to make sure everything is okay. If nothing else, it will provide reassurance.

In brief: Bruising

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick

In brief: Bruising

Do you take a daily Aspirin or nsaid? It also depends on your age and what meds you currently take.
If nothing else, and your concerned, i would see my friendly primary care doctor for a further evaluation and work up.

In brief: Bruising

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Steven Machtinger

In brief: Erythema nodosum

Erythema nodosum is a tender, bruising rash usually on the lower extremities; most often on the shins.
Its may be caused be allergy to amoxicillin, sulfonamides, & birth control pills. It may also be a symptom of a variety of diseases ranging from steptococcal tonsillitis, to tb, and inflammatory bowel disease. See your doctor and ask if erythema nodosum is a possibility.

In brief: Erythema nodosum

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger