Pain to (l) upper abdominal area radiating to back, nausea, lack of appetite, fatigue. diangosis with hiatal hernia, pa says not cause of pn. Hida scan norm?

In brief: Hiatal hernia

Your symptoms could be related to a hiatal hernia.
The likelihood depends upon several factors: the size of the hernia, twisting of the stomach in the hernia, presence of associated inflammation or ulceration of the lining of the esophagus or stomach, or whether there are other organs involved with the hernia. A consultation with a surgeon with experience with hh repair would help.

In brief: Hiatal hernia

Dr. Adam Kopelan
Dr. Adam Kopelan
Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Maybe hernia

If the hiatal hernia is large, it can absolutely cause your symptoms.
These are also known as paraesophageal hernias, and are frequently underestimated in terms of the cause and effect relationship to symptoms such as pain, difficulty swallowing, vomiting, recurrent pneumonia and anemia. See a general or thoracic surgeon with experience in laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair for a consultation.

In brief: Maybe hernia

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle

In brief: Upper GI disorder

Hiatal hernia as cause of your symptoms is to me a remote possibility.
You should have an upper endoscopy done (egd) and a ct scan of the abdomen. I want to be sure you do not have any malignancy before blaming the hiatal hernia as a cause of your problem. Except for a paraesophageal hernia, hiatal hernias, the great majority of which are the sliding type rarely needs surgery.

In brief: Upper GI disorder

Dr. Rodolfo Furigay
Dr. Rodolfo Furigay
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery