Which antibotic is good for a tooth infection? I'm on augmentan is penicillin better?

Augmetin is perfect. Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) is my preferred antibiotic. Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) is a synthetic penicillin and the better choice. Clindamycin is also an excellent choice.
Dental question. Because the question concerns augmentin, (amoxicillin and clavulanate) I would like to agree with dr. Melder that Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) is superior to penicillin or Amoxicillin because it contains another chemical called clavulinic acid. This latter chemical prevents the breakdown of Amoxicillin by other bacteria. In regard to dental infections, an antibiotic that hits bacteria that can multiply in the absence of oxygen is needed.