My hips have been hurting aalot and I don't know why i'm only 35 is this normal? It usually happens after I workout but then the hurt 4 about a week

Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Prolonged pain

No work out should leave you with pain for a week.
There are many possible contributing factors ranging from changes in training to functional impairments. If there is no easy identifiable source (i.e. Sudden massive increase in training volume), you should have it looked at. True hip pain typically refers to the groin. Pain on the sides of the hips tends to be from the muscles or back.

In brief: Prolonged pain

Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: May not be hip joint

Where do you feel the pain? Hip pain is usually felt in the groin.
If the pain is felt on the outside of the pelvis it could be bursitis. Since you are 35 i would suspect hip bursitis also known as trochanteric bursitis. This can be treated with exercise to strengthen the support of the bursa; use of heat or cold or both, physical therapy and even injections.

In brief: May not be hip joint

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine