If told I have right side heart failure and it's causing severe edema and trouble breathing, am i going to die? Is it fixable? I'm so scared.

Dr. Homayoun Sharim
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: It might be fixable

R. Heart failure might be secondary to the lung problems including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or pulmonary hypertension or to the heart valvular problems such as pulmonary valvular stenosis or secondary to the failure of the l.
Side of the heart. The valvular problems are usually correctable through surgery. The pulmonary cause of the r. Heart failure usually respond to medical treatme.

In brief: It might be fixable

Dr. Homayoun Sharim
Dr. Homayoun Sharim
Dr. Marvin Den

In brief: Discuss with doctor

Would have this discussion with a cardiologist.
Tests can be monitored and therapy given.

In brief: Discuss with doctor

Dr. Marvin Den
Dr. Marvin Den
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology