Whats the most effective tooth paste and mouth wash to whiten teeth for surface stains?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Some risks involved

First, mouth washes do not whiten teeth.
Secondly, companies that promote their toothpaste as whitening teeth do so mainly with abrasives, that are not intended to be used on a regular basis as they erode away tooth structure. In my opinion, get a professional cleaning at your dentist and then maintain those healthy clean teeth with any brand name fluoridated toothpaste.

In brief: Some risks involved

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Ronald Konig
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Not much difference

Most toothpastes do not whiten teeth that much as they are not in contact with the tooth surface long enough.
Whitening solutions in properly sealed bleach trays will yield the best results. If you would like to try the whitening toothpaste, perhaps stick with some of the name brands.

In brief: Not much difference

Dr. Ronald Konig
Dr. Ronald Konig
Dr. Louis Sterling
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: NONE, REALLY

There are no toothpastes that effect a major or noticeable amount of whitening to your teeth.
They have increased abrasives and remove surface plaque and stains, making your teeth appear brighter by doing so. Most whitening toothpastes have the most abrasiveness. They may also cause some sensitivity if used long term.

In brief: NONE, REALLY

Dr. Louis Sterling
Dr. Louis Sterling
Dr. Gilberto Nunez
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Be careful!!!

Most toothpaste manufactures promote whitening toothpaste and mouthwashes but be careful they mostly contain pomice or other abrasive chemicals that are detrimental to the enamel, visit your dentist for a consultation and a professional recomendation to what is best for you.

In brief: Be careful!!!

Dr. Gilberto Nunez
Dr. Gilberto Nunez
Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dentistry

In brief: None

None of the toothpastes and/or mouth washes do a good job of whitening.
You need touse a good toothpaste and a whitening product that actually stays on the teeth for a period of time.

In brief: None

Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Brush well

If you are unable to have your teeth professionally cleaned, use a major brand whitening toothpaste and brush thoroughly and often.

In brief: Brush well

Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Tony Menendez
Be careful not to use a very abrasive toothpaste and do not overbrush as this couldcause recession of the gums
Dr. Andres Carbunaru
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: None of them

The most effective way is to go to the dentist, have a cleaning and bleaching trays.

In brief: None of them

Dr. Andres Carbunaru
Dr. Andres Carbunaru
Dr. Joseph Greenberg
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Baking soda?

There is some evidence that toothpastes that contain baking soda are safe (non abrasive) and good at stain removal.

In brief: Baking soda?

Dr. Joseph Greenberg
Dr. Joseph Greenberg
Dr. Tony Menendez
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Be Careful

Some toothpastes to brighten teeth and remove stains may be to abrasive if used for a long time.

In brief: Be Careful

Dr. Tony Menendez
Dr. Tony Menendez
Dr. Thomas Marxen
I agree with Dr. Mendez, You have to be careful and know something about the abrasive content of each tooth paste. Dr. Thomas O. Marxen
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Rembrandt

Rembrandt deeply white is the best on the market.
And the one I use daily! my teeth always white despite my coffee and tea habit.

In brief: Rembrandt

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Richard Reinitz
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Nothing

Your best option is to have your teeth cleaned, brush 5x/day and floss 3x/day.
You can bleach your teeth with either in office systems or take home systems. The key is more maintenance reduction in the use of coffee and teas and avoidance of smoking.

In brief: Nothing

Dr. Richard Reinitz
Dr. Richard Reinitz
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Rembrandt

Rembrandt deeply white rinse and paste have actual tooth whitening gel in it.
And is very effective.

In brief: Rembrandt

And is very effective.
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Rembrandt

Rembrandt deeply white.

In brief: Rembrandt

Rembrandt deeply white.
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Jerry Hu
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Over the Counter

It is better to compare difference between in-office/professional whitening versus over the counter methods.
Generally, over-the-counter products are not as effective in whitening and removing stains as professional dentist treatment options.

In brief: Over the Counter

Dr. Jerry Hu
Dr. Jerry Hu
Dr. Jack Hinkle