I seem to be getting more moles on my body, should this be a concern?

Holly Barth
General Practice

In brief: ABCs (abacavir) of moles

Look at your moles according to the abcs (abacavir) as warning signs.
Asymmetrical? Definite border? More than 1 color? Is diameter bigger than eraser on a pencil? Is it elevated? Does it feel funny or hurt? If these apply, get the mole checked out. For more explanation of the abcs (abacavir) check out: http://www.Afraidtoask.Com/skinca/skinwarning.Html worth getting a "total body check" from dermatologist.

In brief: ABCs (abacavir) of moles

Holly Barth
Holly Barth
Answer assisted by Holly Barth, Medical Student
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: ABC

Moles is a non specific term for physicians.
The ideal thing to do for skin disorders is to show it to the physician. My suggestion...Go to a dermatologist or at least to your primary care physician. Learn the abcs (abacavir) of malignant moles: asymmetric, borders are irregular, color: if dark black or multicolor or with "satellite" lesion.

In brief: ABC

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Not necessarily.

Increasing moles is not so much a problem. If any of the moles are peculiar to you, have irregular borders, bleed, are black, have any particular color with changes or if you are generally concerned, by all means see your pcp and or dermatologist and get checked out.
By the way, always use sunscreen on exposed areas, daily, with spf 15 or more. Stay out of the sun & take care of largest organ.

In brief: Not necessarily.

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt