I have blood in my stool (no anal intercourse). Why is this?

Need exam with doc. The history is important here- is the blood on the toilet paper or in the water? Maybe hemorrhoids. Painful? Could be fissure. Is blood mixed into the stool? More worrisome- maybe inflammatory bowel disease or cancer. See a colorectal surgeon for a proper history and physical exam.
Hemocult +. It means there are red blood cells coming from someplace in the GI tract. If the pt has not seen fresh blood during bowel movements then the blood comes from higher above...Stomach, duodenum, small intestine or proximal colon. Black stools or coffe ground suggest blood from upper parts. Fresh bright red blood coming from rectum suggest a bleeding from lower parts: hemorroids, diverticulosis, uc.