Just found out that my fiance is bipolar, should I get out while I can?

Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Get More Info

Long term relationships involve a high level of commitment, and it sounds like you have been shaken by this news.
I would encourage you to get more information before making a decision so that your decision will be as well informed as possible. Please remember that any relationship has positive and negative characteristics, and this factor can be dealt with over time.

In brief: Get More Info

Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. Alfredo Soto

In brief: Depends

If you truly care about and love your fiancé you will support your fiancé through his/her illness.
Know that bipolar disorder is treatable and if your fiancé remains compliant with the treatment regimen recommended by his/her psychiatrist, then the two of you will have a healthy and happy marriage. Of course there will be difficult times, but that is true of any marriage.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Alfredo Soto
Dr. Alfredo Soto
Dr. Eric Weisman