Chronic diarrhea from iliestomy and j pouch. Imodium, lomotil doesn't work. Should I try carafate (sucralfate)?

NO.... You need to speak with your surgeon. I wouldn't pursue relief by altering my medications without some medical guidance. Good luck.
Be seen. I would suggest you start with a fiber supplement, such as metamucil or fibercon, to see if it helps to form your stool, but you need to see your physician. There are some medications that can help. That said, having an ileostomy is problematic for this, as the colon is the main organ for reabsorbing water from fecal material.