My son has a ball on his belly button and I don't know what it is and it makes his belly button stick out?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Umbilical hernia?

Most likely it is an umbilical hernia.
If he is a baby it is very common and may improve by itself. Otherwise the only way ro repair them is with surgery. In any case show it to the pediatrician.

In brief: Umbilical hernia?

Most likely it is an umbilical hernia.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez

In brief: Age? Oozing?thick?

Occasionally the umbilical stump can form a knob like outgrowth of either normal fleshy scar or a soft weepy material called proud flesh.
Proud flesh is a poor attempt to heal & occasionally occurs on other body sites but in the umbi area i only see it in the weeks after birth.If solid /pea sized it may just be cord stump. If dime sized or bigger it is likely an umbi hernia.Discuss with dr

In brief: Age? Oozing?thick?

Dr. Jonathan Jassey