Should I wean slowly off of breast milk?

In brief: Mileage may vary
Depends on the child's eagerness to embrace other foods, and on your ability to continue nursing.
Stopping abruptly is mainly harmless, and some children do it on their own when they are able to express preferences. For others, slow weaning may be easier.

In brief: Mileage may vary
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Tracey Leaver-Williams
If you slowly wean you are less likely to suffer from engorgement. I would recommend that you decrease feedings by one each day or two until completed
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
In brief: Breastfeeding
You have to do whatever works for you and your baby, there is no right or wrong way to do it.

In brief: Breastfeeding
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Kevin Windisch
In brief: Maybe
This helps prevent breast engorgement for you.
Medically, there is nothing wrong with making a dramatic switch but this can be painful for mom.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Shontae Buffington