My almost 9 months baby wants to breastfed all night long. What can my wife do to help him sleep more. He used to wake up once but teething didn't help?

Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: See below
Babies can get into feeding habits that aren't ideal, but both of you can help fix it.
First, at daytime feedings, let him nurse til he won't take more, then offer a balanced baby food diet after each breastfeeding until full.Whatever amount fills him up is the right amount. At night, he needs to fall asleep in his crib by himself (even if he cries). Stop feeding him at night and he'll stop asking.

In brief: See below
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
If he's eating well during the day and he's falling asleep in his crib by himself but still wakes up, don't feed him-in fact, let him cry for 5-10 minutes before you go in, and only go in to silently lay him down and tuck back in. If you stick with this, eventually he'll realize the rules have changed and he'll stop waking at night.
In brief: Feeding on awakening
I'v found that many kids do much better if you work their schedule around waking with a feeding, doing body maintainace/ then playing 'till tired /then placing in the crib to rest/sleep.
Repeat/repeat. They will want to cosleep/feed all night if they use mommy as a snuggle bunny.If they get calories at night they don't feed as vigerously during the day. Stop the madness but sit nearby to sooth.

In brief: Feeding on awakening
Dr. Cindy Juster