Hello doc I am 35 years old I have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and hbp but I would like to have kids could u tell me what I can do to conceive?

Dr. Terence Lee
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Options

If your heart condition makes it too dangerous for you deliver a baby, you could consider having a gestational carrier carry your baby for you.
Of course, this is a big decision, not to be taken lightly. Good luck.

In brief: Options

Dr. Terence Lee
Dr. Terence Lee
Dr. Chris Oh

In brief: See cardiologist

With hypertrophic cardiomyopathy there is risk of cardiac event during pregnancy when your body fluid status changes significantly.
You will need to see a cardiologist and high risk OB for cardiac echo among other things to see what you can do to increase you cardiac function. www.chrisohmd.com.

In brief: See cardiologist

Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. David Malpass
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Genetics

Keep in mind that hcm is a genetic condition and there will be a 50% chance you will pass the abnormal gene to your offspring.
You may want to consider this when making your decision. Adoption is a viable option.

In brief: Genetics

Dr. David Malpass
Dr. David Malpass
Dr. Jonathan Jassey