What is the incidence of shingles in var. Vaccinated children? 18 month old with shingles outbreak should I be worried about compromised immune system

In brief: Lifetime incidence

The lifetime incidence of shingles is relatively less with the vaccine than with wild chickenpox, but occurs with both.
I have seen it in a 1yo in a kid with an otherwise normal immune system. As with any issue, surveillance of an individuals response to a variety of infections over many years can reveal an acquired immune problem (not present or evident in childhood).

In brief: Lifetime incidence

Dr. Cindy Juster