How can I make sure my baby gets enough calcium?

Breastmilk / formula. A healthy baby, who is growing normally when measured at each check-up, likely has been drinking plenty of breastmilk or formula. He is getting enough calcium, but needs to be sure to get enough vitamin d, in order for his body to use the calcium properly. Babies who drink mainly or only breastmilk should take vitamin drops containing vitamin d. Formula is already fortified with vitamin d.
Breast or formula. A baby who is breastfed will get all the nutrients needed, including calcium, for the first 6 months (with the possible exception of vitamin d). All approved formulas contain adequate levels of calcium and should be used if not breastfeeding for the first 12 months. Homemade formulas or alternative formulas may be deficient in calcium and other nutrients and are not recommended.