Is there a permanent cure to scalp psoriasis?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Scalp psoriasis
At the present time there is no cure for psoriasis, just control.
For the scalp there is the prescription clobex shampoo. The best therapy for the scalp is the biologics which include Humira and Enbrel (etanercept) and are given by injection.

In brief: Scalp psoriasis
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. James Cunnar
In brief: Unfortunately, no
Scalp psoriasis is a tough condition.
There is no "permanent" cure for it, but the condition can wax and wane over time. I'm sure you are aware of some of the topical treatments that are available (shampoos, emollients, etc.), but if you aren't getting the response you want, it's absolutely appropriate to seek a second or third opinion. Good luck!

In brief: Unfortunately, no
Scalp psoriasis is a tough condition.
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar
My pleasure. Thanks for using HealthTap!
Dr. Arnon Rubin