I'm treating my plantar wart with aldara (imiquimod) and tagamet. It's much less tender now but hasn't diminished in size very much. Is the treatment working?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: See your physician

These are powerful medications.
Having less pain is a step in the right direction. Have you physician evaluate the area to compare it with how it was prior to treatment.

In brief: See your physician

These are powerful medications.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat

In brief: Off label use

While they are both good treatments, studies have shown poor results with Aldara (imiquimod) for foot warts because the medication does not penetrate well.
High dose tagamet is really indicated in the pediatric world because the adult dose required is extremely high. Laser therapy and electrodessication are effective and quick. There are better topicals like 5-fu and pyrogallic acid.

In brief: Off label use

Dr. Eugene Batelli
Dr. Eugene Batelli
Dr. Adam Levy