About 3 or 4 yrs ago I found that I have a pilonidal cyst, should I have surgery soon?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Pilonidal Cyst
If you have discomfort again, go and see a surgeon for it.
They tend to come back. When small may disappear by themselves. Complex or recurrent disease must be treated surgically. Procedures vary from unroofing the sinuses to excision and possible closure with flaps. Larger operations require longer healing times. If the wound is left open, it will require dressing or packing to keep it ok.

In brief: Pilonidal Cyst
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Recommended
The operation when you are not actively infected has better outcomes.
One of the most difficult and common complications of surgery for pilonidal disease is wound infection. Doing the operation without an active infection and when it is dormant will significantly lower that risk.

In brief: Recommended
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery