I have sudden weakness and pain in my left hand. My right is fine, but grasping with left is weak and a bit painfull why is this?

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Arthritis, maybe
Sounds like this could be arthritis.
Hand surgeons are quite good at helping people with hand and wrist arthritis. See one for an exam and an x-ray. I bet you'll be happy you did.

In brief: Arthritis, maybe
Sounds like this could be arthritis.
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery
In brief: See your MD
There could be some nerve compression or compression of the spinal cord creating your weakness.
Anytime a patient experiences weakness, they need further evaluation right away. Call your family md, let him evaluate you and order the proper tests. He will refer you to a specialist if necessary.

In brief: See your MD
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Andrea Brand