I am on percoet 10-325, 4 per day. I don't take anything else for pain. My pain is getting worse. I have chronic back pain. I have osteoporosis, b?

Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management

In brief: Need options

Percocet doesn't treat the cause of the pain.
Especially if they are no longer working, you need to seek options for treatment. First must diagnose the underlying cause then a better treamement plan can be employed. Injection therapy, physical therapy, other medications to help with other symptoms should be considered. Longer acting and stronger meds are only options if you don't respond to tx.

In brief: Need options

Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: Can do better

The answer depends on the reason for your pain.
Osteoporosis is not in and of itself a pain cause. If you have pain 24/7/365 you may want to ask your doctor about getting on a time release pain medication. Is your osteoporosis being treated?

In brief: Can do better

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Vicken Poochikian