Should I live with a deviated septum or get the surgery done? I'm having breathing problems from asthma/allergies and have bad post nasal drip.

Could be allergy. I would first see a board-certified allergist to determine if your symptoms are due to allergy & to what. The surgery would not help asthma nor underlying allergies.
Have it repaired. Nasal airway function and draininge are inter-related, and can have many headaches, infections, worsening of asthma, etc if left alone. This is a true functional problem and should be recongnized as a medically necessary procedure. I suggest you contact a qualified sinus surgeon for care, and have appropriate xrays to insure sinus outlet obstruction is not also a factor.