What are some different ways of how to find a doctor or therapist to help a woman start testosterone for gender identity disorder?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Try this website
Fenwayhealth.Org is the website associated with the fenway clinic (associated with harvard, and provides healthcare for lesbian, gay, transgender).
They have helpful information and support group links on that site. Perhaps you can find a reputable dr in your area through their recommendations. Please do not try to order any meds via online websites that sell hormones- not safe!

In brief: Try this website
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Gender identity D/O
I agree with other physicians , before making the move try to see a mental heath provider for evaluation and counseling.

In brief: Gender identity D/O
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Leila Wing
In brief: Endocrinology
Some endocrinologists treat sexual identity disorder. They typically want to know that a person has been seen by a psychiatrist and is stable in the condition and understands the health impacts of transition to the other gender. Usually referrals from word of mouth are the best way to find a treating endocrinologist.

In brief: Endocrinology
Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Trans-Competent Docs
Find a trans-competent mental health specialist who'll be able to assess ur understanding of the benefits & risks 4 u of hormone treatment, & who can then refer u 2 a trans-competent physician 2 determine which hormone treatment(s) would be most suitable 4 u.
Doctor/therapist referral source: http://bit.Ly/wbprqt familiarize yourself with the current wpath standards of care: http://bit.Ly/nwkqv5.

In brief: Trans-Competent Docs
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Jordan Balter
In brief: Options
First gid refers to literally not knowing your physical sex.
It might be better to call what you are talking about "gender dysphoria." you will need counselling and usually a psych eval, esp. If you plan on surgery. I happen to run an lgbtq psych center in st. Louis. I am sure there are doctors who have similar specialties in other areas. You should see a psychiatrist first.

In brief: Options
Dr. Jordan Balter
Dr. Jordan Balter
Dr. Jordan Balter
The Fenway clinic incidentally is an excellent place if you are in Boston. Many cities of transgender/transaexual support centers and resource centers also. You might try doing a search on the Psychology Today web site. They have a database of providers that you can search with filters.
Dr. Jane Van Dis