Constant nausea. Take 0.5mg Xanax (alprazolam) at night only for 10 years for tmj. Could the Xanax (alprazolam) be causing my unexplained nausea? Should I switch to ativan?

Not the Xanax (alprazolam) . Very complex question! 1st the xanax (alprazolam) is only treating the symptoms of your tmd, not the cause. Since xanax (alprazolam) is anxiolytic & helps, the cause of the tmd most likely is related to anxiety. Unresolved internal anxiety v. Often leads to bruxism. This can lead to spasms of the jaw muscles from overwork. 2nd, taking xanax (alprazolam) for that long v. Bad. Call office of dr. Gordon christiansen near u and fix the tmd.
Not likely. Nausea is probably not caused by xanax (alprazolam). Your doctor may want you to switch to Ativan if you are beginning to experience middle of the night awakenings on xanax (alprazolam).
Good question. The xanax (alprazolam) should not cause nausea, but anxiety, pain, and medical problems can. Please see your primary care doctor for an evaluation. Hope this helps.