I recently got MRI of my knee done. The result was " grade iii(a) tear in posterior horn of medial meniscus" please guide me ?

Dr. Harry Zegel
Radiology

In brief: See Orthopedist

A tear of the posterior medial meniscus, the most common area of occurence, may well need arthroscopic surgery - you should consult an orthopedic surgeon.

In brief: See Orthopedist

Dr. Harry Zegel
Dr. Harry Zegel
Dr. Shari Jackson
Radiology

In brief: See an Ortho surgeon

An orthopedic surgeon can review the MRI and do a thorough physical examination to determine whether there is a need for surgery vs.
Conservative treatment. Though there is some variation in the grading systems of meniscal signal abnormalities on mri, grade iiia usually means a simple tear.

In brief: See an Ortho surgeon

Dr. Shari Jackson
Dr. Shari Jackson
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine