My 50yr old aunt is a known person with diabetes. She now experiences an average of 5 episodes of hypoglycaemia daily. Is her kidney injury d cause.?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: It doesn't help
That her kidneys dont work, bc her Insulin may last longer, and the kidneys dont make any sugar for her anymore.
But te key here is her diabetes regimen is no longer right for her current lifestyle. Significant changes to either her dm meds, Insulin (dose or type) is needed to keep her safe, and is usually achievable no matter how bad the kidneys are. She needs to see her endo and dm educator.

In brief: It doesn't help
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Lea Danielsen
In brief: Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar especially frequently isn't safe.
I woud have her immediately discuss this with her primary care doctor or endocrinologist. If on Insulin that needs adjustment, if not her pills will need adjustment to avoid having these. Healthy kidney's do get rid of Insulin more quickly than damaged kidney it could be related to the kidney by making Insulin stay in system longer.

In brief: Low blood sugar
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham