I had a hysterectomy 1yr ago my dr put me on estradiol .5mg. Im still having bad hot flashes and zero sex drive. Is there anything to help me?

Dr. Peter Sakovich
In brief: Hormones may be off.
It sounds like you are not getting enough estrogen ; a simple blood test can be done to see what your level is, and the dose can be adjusted.
Sex drive is also related to testosterone levels, as well as estrogen. You may need to have that level checked, too.

In brief: Hormones may be off.
Dr. Peter Sakovich
Dr. Peter Sakovich
Dr. Rebecca Gray
In brief: Estrogen
You should see your doctor and discuss your dose of estradiol.
You probably need to increase the dose if you are still having symptoms.

In brief: Estrogen
Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: More than 1 hormone!
Estrogen is essential for the prevention of atrophic vaginitis, and also proper lubrication during sex, but has little to do with libido.
It is the testosterone a women makes, and with ovaries removed, all you have are weak adrenal androgens. I compound transdermal tesosterone, after it is checked and is low, for my females with decreased libido!

In brief: More than 1 hormone!
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham