How can I overcome my panic attacks? I don't want medication, I have read it is bad. Please help.

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Panic attacks

The non-medication treatment for panic disorder has to do with a type of therapy whereby one faces their fears head-on and does not avoid situations which cause the anxiety.
You need to expose yourself to the thing which makes you the most nervous, and then, do not do anything to respond after the panic attack starts. This is called desensitization or habituation. Face your fears, don't avoid.

In brief: Panic attacks

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Meditation

Meditation can be a very effective tool to help one overcome panic attacks and anxiety.
See my healthtap health guide on "meditation made easy" for tips on how to effectively and easily meditate.

In brief: Meditation

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Meds work best

You can try cbt (cognitive-behavioral therapy) but meds are most effective in most cases.

In brief: Meds work best

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Andrea Brand