I get sometimes large and sometimes small bumps on/around my vagina. I'm not sexually active and they do go away but come back. What is this?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Gyn exam if bumps

A good approach for a woman with occasional 'lesions' is to schedule an appointment with gyn or primary care doctor. Often, however, the bumps go away just as a woman is scheduled to see her gyn provider. That can be frustrating for both.
However, a good description of the lesions (from looking with a mirror in the light) can be valuable if they are not there when the appointment day arrives.

In brief: Gyn exam if bumps

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder