I am 40 and found a knot on my left breast, how important is it to get it checked?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Very important

Any lump needs to be evaluated.
Mammogram and ultrasound is needed to guide the evaluation. Even if these are negative and a lump is still felt it should be considered for biopsy. A surgeon experienced in breast cancer should be seen.

In brief: Very important

Any lump needs to be evaluated.
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
I agree with the urgency I seeing your healthcare professional.
Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Mandatory!

I agree with the other doctors.
You must get this checked! don't let fear stop you. The vast majority of breast lumps are not cancer, but the only way to know for sure is to have it evaluated. And if it turns out to be your worst fear...Cancer...You've caught it early and have a very high likelihood of cure!

In brief: Mandatory!

I agree with the other doctors.
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Shelby Terstriep

I would recommend seeing someone who is familiar with breast disorders ( breast clinic).
A mammogram of the breasts and an ultrasound directed at that area will need to be done.

Dr. Shelby Terstriep
Dr. Shelby Terstriep
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham