Should I be worried if my child is still making raspberries at 12 months?

Dr. Cory Annis
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: No
They are entertaining to the child because they are entertaining to the people around her. Watch your four-year old if you doubt this.

In brief: No
Dr. Cory Annis
Dr. Cory Annis
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: No
Can not imagine that the sound which at that age is a self stimulating phenomenon, means anything harmful.

In brief: No
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: No
As long as their speech is age-appropriate ("mama" and/or "dada" plus 1-3 words that caretakers can understand), they show an interest in children, find comfort in their caretakers, respond to soft sounds and speech, and are otherwise well, they may just be having fun.

In brief: No
Dr. Francisco Rivera
Dr. Francisco Rivera
Dr. Paul Trani
In brief: No
I still make raspberries.
However, if your child has no meaningful speech by 12 months of age (i.e. A word or a sign that your child uses to communicate), then it's best to have your child evaluated for a language delay. Talk to your provider about developmental screening.

In brief: No
I still make raspberries.
Dr. Paul Trani
Dr. Paul Trani
In brief: No
...She is expressing inappropriate opinions about your parenting abilities, appearance, or super bowl referees.

In brief: No
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Eric Weisman