Best diet to lose weight?

One you stick with. Need to have ample protein, decreased calorie intake, spend more calories (increase activity). Consumers reports rated diets recently. Dash diet (diet approach to stop hypertension) is a good one: balanced, ample antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, tasty, easy. Can go online. Lots of others. Some want no guesswork-preordered fixed calorie meals, snacks; ok too. Weight watchers, jcraig work too.
Wrong question! Right question: how can i eat to maximize my health? Pick a diet that naturally and gradually returns you to your ideal weight, reduces your risk of diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, etc. All without hunger. Try any of the following authors: dr joel fuhrman, dr mcdougall, rip esselstyn (engine2diet.Com). They share a basic diet plan of low fat mainly vegetarian.
Control-it . Biotics has control-it program and that works well p90x is another program and many more available.