My son is 2, and refuses to eat almost anything at all. What do you suggest to ensure hes getting the right amount of nutrients/vitamins/minerals?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Not to worry

I agree with dr hernandez.
Children are clever...But parents are more clever! you provide him with a balanced meal and if he chooses not to eat that is his choice (not the best one mind you!). He will eat when he is hungry. Avoid becoming a short order cook trying to find something he will eat. Provide the food and if he doesn't eat don't worry. I have seen toddlers go 7 days not eating solids.

In brief: Not to worry

I agree with dr hernandez.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
3 comments
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Then they will eat a lot. He will not starve and his body will get the nutrients it needs when he chooses to eat.
Dr. Susan McCreadie
I agree. Also love the 2-bite rule. Consistency in parenting is the hardest thing to do - but pays off in the end. Be consistent. Every time food is offered, 2 bites are required to hit the stomach! After that, you can be excused from the table. Science shows taste buds are trainable - generally within 21 days. Worked with my girls and spinach!
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Discuss with Pediatr

Pediatricians well know that most.
Children do not eat from age 1 to 8. One strategy is to leave them to take food in their hands. Give multivitaminic supplements. If they are not diabetic ....Give them milk shakes ( add olive oil and sugar to them ). Avoid snacks, sodas, candies between meals.

In brief: Discuss with Pediatr

Pediatricians well know that most.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Cindy Juster