Recently, my knee hurts after running. I used to run 5-6km twice a week. What are the chances of it being osteoarthritis?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Could be

It is most likely osteoarthritis but it could also be a knee injury.
See your doctor for a physical examination if it doesn't improve or get worst.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Little more info

It would be unusual to have osteoarthritis at a young age so your age is important.
It still could be an overuse syndrome even if it is only couple times a week, it might be worth taking a couple weeks off or decrease the distance you run. If there is swelling, warmth, or your pain is no longer associated only with running you will definitely need to see a physician..

In brief: Little more info

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Vikram Patel