I have suffered low platelets for over 2 years now. Recently my count has dropped. I am suffering bad heavy headaches, rib back and hip pain and bruis?

Dr. James Marx
Pain Management
In brief: Need more workup
Have you been checked for hepatitis or blood disorders like leukemia? These generally can be ruled out by pretty simple tests.
You need to discuss your issues with your doctor. In my opinion if they continue to be at a loss, maybe you need to see another doctor.

In brief: Need more workup
Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Get checked
Need thorough check for blood disorders and other things that are associated with low platelet count-long list of causes, including lupus, liver disease, kidney disease, marrow issues, etc.
You don't waste your docs time.

In brief: Get checked
You don't waste your docs time.
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Vikram Patel