Are the pimples on my baby's chin baby acne?

Yes. It could also be milia - tiny white bumps on newborn skin. Acne tends to develop a few weeks after birth, while milia are often present at birth. Milia are thought to be due to premature or blocked sebaceous (oil) glands. There is no need for treatment, they will disappear naturally.
Yes. It can be very common for babies around one month old to develop pimples signifying baby acne. The can be on the face, chin, and chest. At other times, it is important to evaluate a baby to make sure there isn't another cause for the pimples (such as premature puberty).
Yes. Newborns develop baby acne around 2 weeks of age and it peaks around 6 weeks, usually gone by 12. If your baby is in this age group, it could be newborn acne. Your baby's pores are sensitive to changes in hormone levels (just like during the teen years) - so all those Estrogens they were exposed to during pregnancy are suddently gone - and boom - breakout! No treatment needed - be patient.