What should I do if my baby has a fever?

Comfort. If baby is less than three months or unvaccinated or otherwise has poor health, contact the doctor. Otherwise, help your baby feel better with a dose of Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen (over 6 mos), then assess how baby seems to be acting. If acting ill after fever reducing medicine, see the doctor.
Call Your Doctor. A baby less than 2 months old who has a fever greater than 100.4 always needs to be examined immediately. In older infants, a temperature greater than 101 that lasts more than 48 hours should be investigated. Also, if your baby has other symptoms that are concerning, they need to be examined. Children can be sick without a fever. Trust your instinct as a parent.