Is my baby crying all the time from colic?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: No
Your baby is crying all the time because (s)he is unhappy and maybe in pain.
Figuring the cause of the discomfort is important. It could be colic, acid reflux, a reaction to something you are eating if you are breast feeding or to formula if you are bottle feeding. I would suggest a visit to your pediatrician for a more thorough evaluation and more detailed history.

In brief: No
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Lisa Roberts
In brief: No
Well, it depends.
Your baby could have acid reflux. Does she spit up a lot? If so, she could be having heartburn. Also, your baby could be having symptoms from gas. You could try mylicon (simethicone) gas drops to see if that helps. Another possibility is a food allergy (if you are breastfeeding, it could be certin foods such as milk protein, soy, shellfish, nuts, or eggs).

In brief: No
Well, it depends.
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Cindy Juster