My husband has been diagnosed with hepatocellular carcinoma and he is taking nexavar; I would like to know if you have experience with this drug resu?

Yes. Nexavar, also called sorafenib, is an oral drug that was approved in 2007 for treating hepatocellular carcinoma that cannot be surgically removed. It delays the growth of the tumor, but it does not cure it. Diarrhea, hair loss, and hand/foot syndrome (redness and peeling of hands and feet) are the main side effects. Good luck to you both!
Treatment of choice. This is an oral medication approved for hcc. Its a targeted therapy. We haven't had good results with conventional chemotherapy.
Yes. Nexavar (sorafenib) was proven in a large randomized study to prolong survival of patients with advanced hcc. In the study, half of the patients who received Nexavar (sorafenib) were dead at 10.7 months vs 7.9 months for those who did not. People who get side-effects, particularly the rash on hands ; feet, are likely to do better than those who do not. If cancer is only in the liver, there may be other better treatments.
Standard care. Nexavar is a standard of care chemotherapy for hcc. However, it is not the only treatment for hcc. If the tumor is limited to the liver or liver dominant, liver directed therapies are commonly employed prior to starting nexavar. The american cancer society has a review article on the treatments used in hcc, including Nexavar (sorafenib).