Any evidence that glucosamine and chondroiton work? I have degenerative knee issues that are affecting my. Workouts.

Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Yes and now
There have been a few studies that have said yes and some that have said no.
The biggest thing is how it works for you. Something that may be helpful for you would be viscusuplimentation injections with synvisc (hylan g-f 20) or euflexxa or similar product. These injections can help with the pain of chronic arthritis of the knees.

In brief: Yes and now
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Robert Gluck
Surgery - Hand Surgery
The evidence is certainly not conclusory, but there is evidence that it can work in various joints up to 40 or 50% of the time.
Some people would argue that is just the placebo effect rate, but i certainly use it in my hand patients. Problem with oa is there are not a lot of other great options. Of course make sure you have the correct diagnosis.

Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Peter Kurzweil