I have a pain in my back whrte the kindeys are located... In that area... And it hurts only when I lay down... What could be the cause of pain?

Dr. Madhu Kandarpa
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Kidney

Multiple causes- kidney cyst, abscess around kidney, trauma and hematoma; also be due to non -kidney causes- muscle, ribs, if on right side liver abscess.
List is extensive and may be overwhelming and so if pain is constant, severe, or getting worse need to check with your doctor.

In brief: Kidney

Dr. Madhu Kandarpa
Dr. Madhu Kandarpa
Dr. TRUC DAO

In brief: Kidney area pain

Kidney pain would occur 24h/d no matter what you do.
So you do not have kidney problem. You may not have "back muscle pain" which occur also all day and mainly relieved when resting and not aggravated in your case. Your problem thus is not deep rooted but more superficial skin related. Any swelling there? Redness? Any family member can look for you?...Neighbor? How long ago?...

In brief: Kidney area pain

Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. Peter Kurzweil