I get up four to five times a night to use the bathroom after going to bed ?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Night urination

You refer to urine flow which becomes more difficult in men as the prostate enlarges with age.
It pushes on the urine outflow tract cause the symptoms of urgency, night frequency, slow and low flow and incomplete emptying of the bladder. Evaluation by your urologist to rule out cancer is needed. Meds to increase flow are available which can help.

In brief: Night urination

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger

In brief: Could be BPH

You describe common symptoms of BPH or bothersome urinary symptoms caused by enlarged prostate.
Symptoms include weak stream, difficulty starting stream, hesitency, urinary frequency/urgency, nocturia. I would see your medical doctor. He will likely perform an examination of your prostate and may consider starting medication to treat your bothersome urinary symptoms.

In brief: Could be BPH

Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Adam Smith