I m diagnosed with high blood pressure recently n my doc prescribed me a tablet daily. Want to know can I continue tht tablet during pregnancy?

Dr. Jason Cogdill
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Depends

It depends on which medication it is.
Some blood medications are well tried and presumed safe during pregnancy. There are also some medications that are known to be dangerous during pregnancy. Talk to your doctor about the medication prescribed and your pregnancy. Good luck.

In brief: Depends

It depends on which medication it is.
Dr. Jason Cogdill
Dr. Jason Cogdill
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Depends.

Avoid ace-inhibitors and most diuretics in pregnancy! you may take aldomet, (methyldopate) labetalol, Nifedipine and Hydralazine during pregnancy for hypertension after consulting with a maternal-fetal medicine specialist.
Avoid all salt and minimize eating out to control your salt intake. Substitute regular salt for "light" salt (with more Potassium Chloride instead of sodium) and prefer lemon, pepper, oregano.

In brief: Depends.

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Adam Smith